Thursday 26 September 2013



The green tree just right of centre with the horizontal branches is a Himalayan cedar, planted in 1852. Remember, the settlers only started arriving circa 1842!


As usual, click on the pics to enlarge.

My doctor asked me the other day, "Do you suffer from hayfever?" I told her that I hadn't in the past, but seem to be having some of the symptoms lately. Perhaps the photos above can provide some explanation. Huge clouds of pollen coming off the pinus radiata plantation just a couple of hundred metres away.

It appears, though, that although many people may suffer from pine pollen induced hayfever, thankfully, it does not appear to be a major cause of allergic reactions.

The pollen makes a mess of the car, though, and if you leave it too long, it becomes a bit of a chore to get it off.



1 comment:

  1. And here I was thinking I was looking at early morning mist!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete